Friday 1 April 2011

The 2011 Stampin Up! Mini Catalogue is here.......

It's the First of April and that can only mean one thing, the launch of Stampin Up's! Mini Catalogue.

At long last we have the Big shot and some beautiful dies and embossing folders, many exclusive to Stampin Up!


To celebrate this occasion the Tartan Stampers are doing a blog hop. If you are not following the hop and have just arrived on my blog why not start here at Dawn's, but hopefully you have arrived here from Elaine's blog, nice work Elaine.

I would just like to say sorry for the quality of the photos but I had to take then last night and the light was rubbish.

The first thing I had to use when my order arrived was the pillow box die I have wanted this die for such a long time, I used it with the window sheets which you can find in the main catalogue.To decorate my pillow box I used the Sunny Garden designer paper and stamped over the insert piece with a flower from the Simply Said stamp set. For the belly band I used the Scalloped Trim border punch and to finsh off I used the large butterfly cut out of Poppy Parade card stock from the new Embosslits dies called Beautiful Wings. I do love this die. I filled this box with mint sticks.

Not happy with just one pillow box I had to make another one.I decorated this one with a flower made from the scalloped circle punch and made a bag charm to pop into this one.

The next thing I had to use was the new stamp set Strength and Hope. Stampin Up! is donating £1 from each set sold to The Breast Cancer Reasearch Foundation.

Again I am sorry about the poor quality of the pictures, For this card I used Crumb Cake and Marina Mist, I cut out the Circle using the larges circle in the new Circles #2 die and stamped in Marina Mist ink, I cut out the butterfly(which I had to add some Dazzling Dimonds glitter) and added that so it was 3D. I embossed the Crumb Cake card stock using the new Elegant Bouquet embossing folder and adding the smaller butterflys from the Beautiful Wings embosslits die.

My last card was done using one of the a la CARTE stamps, these stamps are great value, I chose the Wedding Wheels stamp.


I wanted this card to be simple and elegant I used Very Vanila and Bravo Burgandy card stock. I embossed the background piece using the new Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder and used The eyelet border punch and the scallop trim coner punch to decorate. The Wedding Wheels stamp is stamped using Bravo Burgandy ink.

Well that is it from me, hope you all haven't fallen asleep lol, now I will hand you over to Carolyn, enjoy the rest of the hop.

10 comments:

Evelyn C said...

Stunning projects, they are all lovely. Love the clear pillow boxes as gift givers.

Dawn said...

I adore your pillow boxes what an absolutely fabulous idea!!!
Iam giggling your card strength & hope is similar to mine too,you had not seen mine &I had not seen yours.

kara said...

i love the butterfly card- its really pretty and fresh looking, and those clear pillow boxes are a great idea- fantastic for wee gifts

Maggie said...

Wow all terrific projects Lorraine - I love the way you've done the pillowbox card in clear and lined it with DSP. That looks amazing.

Your card is very beautiful as well.

Fiona Duthie said...

love your pillow boxes - fantastic for gifts!! Will need to get out my window sheets!!
The Hope and strength set is gorgeous. On my wish list!!

Elaine said...

Love love love the pillow boxes - look so good using the window sheets.

Zoe Tant said...

They're all lovely, but my favourite is the strength and hope card. Zx

Sharon said...

I love all your projects but I especially like what you have made with the pillow box die - very clever and effective in the window sheets.

kelly said...

Love your strength and hope card! Didn't think this was really my thing but you've changed my mind!

Thanks for your comment on my blog
Kelly xx

liz said...

Stunning creations Lorraine, love them all